Favorite Keene books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Keene books

For those who are Keene fans, what is your favorite so far?

I still have a lot to read, but of the few that I've read my favorite is Girl on the Glider. It was the first book of his I read, which I got thanks to my first CD Grab Bag, so I am sure it will remain my favorite.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

I have not read Girl on the Glider yet.Waiting on the deadite press release.Terminal was a great book.Also very different from most of his stuff.I love his short stories.
    Also enjoy his work in comics.Actually he is one of my favorite writers.

Comment

Girl is a great book. Sundancing, which is in Maelstrom 3, is great as well. Both of those are also very personal almost entirely true stories. Sundancing will never be printed again in either an eBook or in print. Surprisingly this set has not sold out yet, which I am guessing is because of the economy because last years set sold out within 5 days of the public announcement. Just to tempt you, go and take a look at the set at http://thunderstormbooks.com/maelstrom3.php
      Spoiler!

Comment

Earthworm Gods...only since it was my first and got me hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by halyndon View Post
          Earthworm Gods...only since it was my first and got me hooked.
          That's why I think Girl will remain at the top for me. That and because of how personal it is. Because of personal Sundancing is that one will probably be up by top too.

Conqueror Worms/Earthworm Gods was great too and Deluge seems that way too so far. Hadn't read Conqueror when Deluge was being offered free on his site. Too bad some of his supposed fans decided to find pirated copies of some of his stuff. Because of those thefts he didn't do another free story he was gonna where Deluge was finished. A large majority of authors are not well off so it is really sad some people do that.

Oh and there are less than 60 Maelstrom sets left
          Spoiler!

Comment

I do not need to be tempted.I have been very good about avoiding this whole series even though all the books look great and I do have other Thunderstorm Books like the Ron Kelly series.At the time the first set was offered I did not know if I could afford to keep getting them.Now if I started I would have to search out the others and that would cost too much.
            Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
            Girl is a great book. Sundancing, which is in Maelstrom 3, is great as well. Both of those are also very personal almost entirely true stories. Sundancing will never be printed again in either an eBook or in print. Surprisingly this set has not sold out yet, which I am guessing is because of the economy because last years set sold out within 5 days of the public announcement. Just to tempt you, go and take a look at the set at http://thunderstormbooks.com/maelstrom3.php

Comment

I have only read one, and it was Dark Hollow. I was looking to broaden my scope of horror type authors, and my searches brought up Keene. What drew me to this book - not sure. I will say though, that it was IMO, odd in a way. Great story, and story telling. The crazy sex and references of the type were hilarious. I sure wouldn't mind to grab another of his novels in the future.

Comment

I've read most of Brian's books and I agree with bookworm1 about Terminal - because it is different from his other books. It has an air of authenticity about the world in which the protagonist lives that lends dramatic weight to the story.

Comment

Lou: Well said. Terminal is as real as it gets.

Bill G.

Comment

Working...
                  X