Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Good deals and bargains...

Senior Member Inmate
    While I can't argue it's a great price for an outstanding anthology (of which Block has said he plans to do a second volume), part of the joy of the book for me was having the paintings printed on full-size paper pages...like small prints. Made it kind of special. I'm not sure I'd have the same enjoyment of the work in pixels on screen.

I have been a fan of Edward Hopper since I was a kid, and in art school I studied his work and technique. Even today I still paint in oils like him. Any venue that brings good art to new audiences is a good thing. If they could afford reprinting Andrew, or N.C, or Jamie Wyeth, that would also be an interesting project.
    Overnight-Snow.jpg

Senior Member Hearing Voices Brian861's Avatar
    That is a great piece! Looks like photo.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Another great anthology is $1.99 for Kindle. Ellen Datlows Best Horror of the year volume 8. Some very good stories in this one.

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    The Paul Cain Omnibus (aka The Complete Slayers) e-book is on sale for $0.99. For my two cents, I'd suggest reading the novel first at the end of the book, then starting over with the short stories. This collection is incredible for crime fans--the hardest of the hard-boiled using simple, titanium-edged sentences.

Were the ghosts of Henry James and Paul Cain to meet and publicly discuss the writing process, James would spend the better part of the following week orating the virtues of language as art, using 400,000 words without actually saying much and bowing to a fawning academic world praising his eloquent style. Then Cain would take the stage, shoot James in the face, and leave the stunned audience with the words "Write well."

It takes all types.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GXSG6WE?tag=eriq-pwe-20
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/
    https://twitter.com/37thType