No announcement yet.

Easton Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easton just announced a signed illustrated edition of War of the Worlds, pretty nifty.

Comment

I have one that they did... not sure......25?? years ago.

Comment

EP has a slew of new signed editions available. The one I'm eyeing is Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

There's a few recent Easton books I'd like to acquire...

Comment

For those of you who collect or covet Easton Press books like I do, what would you say are your Top 5?

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Well my collection is rather slim right now, just a few choice books that I have picked up here and there. Of what I own The Mabinogion with illustrated by Alan Lee is definitely my favourite, just packed with art. I also have a nice signed edition of Dracula with art from Rick Berry that is quite nice, though because of the paste-down style that the art is applied to the pages, I'm not so sure I would count it amongst my favourites. The Dead Zone is nice too, simply because of King but honestly it doesn't stand out that much amongst the rest of the Sci-Fi classics collection.

As for ones I covet, I'd love to add their slipcased and illustrated The Princess Bride to my collection (though I wish it was signed), along with Wagner's Ring Cycle housed in a double slipcase bound in white leather with art from Arthur Rackham, as well as La Morte D'Arthur with art from Arthur Rackham, and lastly I'd love to add the Tolkien books to my collection, Lord of the Rings (big fan of Michael Hague), The Hobbit, Beowulf and The Fall of Arthur.

I prefer their editions with more art, but they are just classy books regardless.

Comment

Just picked up the signed HC of Card's ENDER'S GAME, a book they just put back up for order...leather, sewn-in ribbon bookmark, gold gilt, etc..nice production of a book that I've always wanted to read, and so thought this would be a nice way to do so.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

It's not on their website yet, but one of the Reader's Choice books for 2016 will be Logan's Run, unsigned. It won't have the bells and whistles of the CP edition, but for those of us who missed it there...

It's in the preorder stage right now.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    It's not on their website yet, but one of the Reader's Choice books for 2016 will be Logan's Run, unsigned. It won't have the bells and whistles of the CP edition, but for those of us who missed it there...
                    Not me, I jumped on the CP edition the day it was offered

I see EP have jumped on the David Bowie bandwagon already. I got an email for a Bowie book last night. Only 80 pages and $135 - I'll pass.

Comment

In January, EP will publish Psycho by Robert Bloch. No bells & whistles, tho there may be a frontispiece.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        In January, EP will publish Psycho by Robert Bloch. No bells & whistles, tho there may be a frontispiece.
                        Might be a pretty cool piece to add to the collection.

Comment

There usually is. I'll pass on this one, though I do always enjoy EPs design. I already have the s/l from Gauntlet.

Comment

Working...
                          X