Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shining: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

The Shining: The Deluxe Special Edition
    A Collectible Limited ONE TIME PRINTING featuring an introduction by Stephen King, an afterword by Mick Garris, color paintings by Don Maitz, and our biggest special feature in any book we've published to date:
    "Before the Play," Stephen King's long lost 40 PAGE PROLOGUE to the novel, has been restored to its proper place at the beginning of the story!
    Volume Three in The Stephen King Doubleday Years Set!

This is the discussion thread for The Shining announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product
    CLICK HERE to view the announcement
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Got my order in already Just for the GE, though. I paid for the AE books in advance.

Comment

Looks up to par with the previous two, which is to say, fantastic.
      Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

I'm in for the whole AE set but picked up a GE of this one, too. One of the all time great horror novels, and up until this release I'm pretty sure all I've got is an e-book. No idea what happened to my old PB.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Wow, things are starting to move along well with the Doubleday Collection. 'Salem's Lot heading out (waiting on the AE) and now the Shining heading to the printer next month.

Will be hanging out for the art portfolio, what appears to be the cover for the GE looks fantastic (I have the AE on order and while the cover is great I just find the GE version just works for me). This was the same for 'Salem's Lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            Got my order in already Just for the GE, though. I paid for the AE books in advance.
            +1!!

sk

Comment

In for the whole series in Gift edition form. This looks fantastic. So happy with this series so far. Dale 's Lot looks fantastic sitting next to Carrie. Can't wait to add This one.

Comment

This sounds amazing. Looks to be the final (pun not intended) word on THE SHINING, in a stunning edition. Great work CD!

Comment

Originally posted by drain74 View Post
                  Wow, things are starting to move along well with the Doubleday Collection. 'Salem's Lot heading out (waiting on the AE) and now the Shining heading to the printer next month.

Will be hanging out for the art portfolio, what appears to be the cover for the GE looks fantastic (I have the AE on order and while the cover is great I just find the GE version just works for me). This was the same for 'Salem's Lot.
                  And I'm the exact opposite in regards to the covers. I like the GE versions, but I absolutely love the AE covers. I think that's what so great with what CD is doing with this set. Different versions hit the sweet spot for different people and everyone walks away happy.

Comment

I'm glad I choose to go with the GEs and I'm picking the ones I want. I did order the PS edition as well, just because I was interested in the 3 vol slip cased set.

Comment

I've gone with the AE for the series and it will definitely be the crown jewel of my collection once it's all said and done. I'm in for the PS ones too as they seem to be picking up in quality with the release of SC. Very interested also to see how their Lot turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        I'm in for the PS ones too as they seem to be picking up in quality with the release of SC. Very interested also to see how their Lot turns out.
                        I'm pretty sure this will be a winner as well, Brian.
                        Publishing their edition in three separate books is a great idea.
                        Maybe a bit of a gimmick, but a good one, as far as I'm concerned.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure this will be a winner as well, Brian.
                          Publishing their edition in three separate books is a great idea.
                          Maybe a bit of a gimmick, but a good one, as far as I'm concerned.

sk
                          Yeah, the three volume edition is definitely something different. I've been buying the PS editions too.

Comment

I agree, guys.

Comment

The Shining Gift Edition has been taken off the site as we neared 3,000 copies sold! Tomorrow and Thursday, we will manually check all of our counts to confirm exactly how close we are to all copies being reserved. We didn't expect the slipcased Gift Edition to sell this quickly, but our collectors have clearly spoken! Then, this FRIDAY, we will put the product back on the website and send out one more newsletter. Those last copies will be sold FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. No second chances.

Brian
                              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                              X